Enhance Your Appearance with Neuromodulators
Look and feel more refreshed and confident by eliminating, and helping to prevent unwanted facial lines and wrinkles.
Neuromodulators in Ottawa
Ease Lines and Wrinkles While Restoring Youthful, Natural Beauty
Neuromodulators are proteins that block the action of Acetylcholine, a chemical in our body that makes muscles contract. By opposing this action, it prevents this contraction and temporarily relaxes targeted muscles and the effacement of the lines and wrinkles caused by their movement and use. It’s that simple!
Common Treatment Areas
Neuromodulators were first introduced as a treatment for dynamic wrinkles, which are created over time by repeated facial movements and expressions. Neuromodulators have less of an impact on static wrinkles, commonly caused by external factors such as sun damage.
Neuromodulators are most frequently used to treat:
- Crow’s feet and lines around the eyes, caused by repeated squinting or smiling
- The horizontal lines across the forehead caused by raising the eyebrows
- The frown lines and folding of the skin between the eyebrows, often called Number 11 lines
Neuromodulators can be used in several other beneficial areas, including:
- The corners of the brows
- The very fine lines under the lower eyelids
- The lines on the sides of the nose, sometimes called “Bunny Lines”
- Fine lines around the lips and the space above to reduce a gummy smile
- Below the corners of the mouth to reduce the downward turn of the lips
- The chin to reduce the dimpling effect that occurs with age
Reshaping the Face and Neck
Although Neuromodulators are best known for smoothing dynamic wrinkles and expression lines, experienced injectors like Dr. Wassef also use Neuromodulators to shape their client’s facial features.
Treating Aging Skin
Neuromodulators have a direct anti-aging effect on the skin. We know that they diminishe the appearance of fine lines and the strength of the muscles treated, resulting in more relaxed dynamic wrinkles.
Patients who follow the recommended treatment interval of 4 months for many years will attest that the skin around the treated areas has also taken on a more youthful overall appearance. The preventative anti-aging effects of Neuromodulators are well documented in comparative studies that show that regular treatment does have a significant anti-aging effect on the skin.
Make your appointment today!
Frequently Asked Questions
Get answers to commonly asked questions about Neuromodulators in Ottawa.